Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chick-fil-a

I'm a bit of a news junkie. I can't go anywhere without overhearing some bit of news. So when I heard someone mention something about a Chick Fil A boycott, I could not have been happier. Finally, they get what's coming to them. For far too long, terrible fast food chains have gone on unchecked. Local restaurants are just as good, if not better than most fast food chains. It's time we as a nation took a stand. The McDonald's's, the Taco Bells, and the Burger Kings have survived on name alone for years, and it's time they were called to task. I'm not really sure why Chick Fil A is the poster child for this. Their "cow terrorist" ad campaign is kind of funny, but I have never, and will never have a Chick Fil A sandwich. But I'm not going to stop there. Here is a list of fast food chains that need to be stopped.

McDonald's- There is literally nothing good about McDonald's. Their mascot is a seven foot tall red headed Juggalo, who's friends with a thief and a weird purple thing. Sure they sell terrible toys to children, and their food is not very good in general, but on the upside. The best thing on the McDonald's menu is the breakfast. Unfortunately, if you're willing to stare death in the face and eat breakfast from McDonald's, it's only available until 10:00 am.

Taco Bell- Taco Bell has worse food than McDonald's, which may be the worst thing I can say about Taco Bell. The upside is that while it doesn't taste like anything really, there's not much of it, so you don't have to endure too much. The best thing on the Taco Bell menu is definitely those cinnamon sugar packing peanuts.

Burger King- Burger King may have better burgers than McDonald's, which may be the best thing I can say about Burger King. If turning your air conditioner to an uncomfortably cold temperature so people will eat and leave is painting, then Burger King is Vincent Van Gogh. While they may not be celebrated in their time for this, I know that on that glorious day when all the Burger Kings have closed, people will look back and say "Why was the temperature in every Burger King slightly above freezing all the time?" The best thing on the Burger King menu is the Thaw-Proof Milkshake.

Panda Express- Panda Express is essentially the McDonald's of Chinese food. I like Panda Express, and I don't know what that says about me as a person. Does that mean I like Chinese food more than American food? I like fast food Chinese more than fast food burgers, but I like good burgers more than good Chinese. I think that means Chinese food has a high floor (bad Chinese food is better than bad other food), and I'm not a communist for liking Panda Express. I've emerged from this experience a stronger person capable of realizing my hopes and dreams. The best thing on the Panda Express menu is the orange chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment