Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 3

I went to work today and both of my bosses were sitting on my desk. I started thinking of where else I could work. They said there wasn't anything happening today. Seriously, they said that. If you told me a McDonalds manager started the day off by saying "Welp I don't think anybody wants a cheeseburger today" I'd call you a liar, sure, but a weirdly specific liar. 

Then they asked me a question no other boss has: want to get tanked? 

After that I thought there's no way they can fire me for asking this, and I don't really care if they kill me. So I asked: just what the hell kind of place is this? 

Quinn kind of laughed and Eric went into the back. "We had the idea a couple years ago. We're both men of diverse skill sets."

This was it. Eric went to get a gun. I'm dead.

"So we thought, what if we started a business that would do literally anything?"

I wonder if my mom will sell my stuff or just give it away. 

"I was a tax attorney and Eric's real handy."

Oh so he's going to strangle me. 

"We thought what the heck so we opened it up."

Eric came back in the room with a cooler. My life was spared, and I was tossed a beer. They said they have a pretty select group of clientele. That's why they don't answer the phones unless it's good. People are always calling because they want petty favors. Rides, help moving, stuff like that. Apparently it was their bread and butter in the beginning but they're over it now. I guess they have a kid they subcontract out for some of the real small stuff. Babysitting and whatnot. 

We drank from early in the morning until somebody walked in. Eric was the most coherent, I assume through practice. He coherently told them how to make an appointment, where this man could go and what he could kiss. 

They may have diverse skill sets but it doesn't sound like customer service is a strong suit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment