Monday, July 7, 2014

Day two

So I'm here to say that I officially have no idea what these guys do. I showed up today (8:09 thank you very much) and there was a suit waiting for me on my desk. 
They asked me if I knew my measurements and I had a good laugh. My last suit was purchased at a baby gap. I think my measurements have changed slightly since then. 

Boss one, the one who hired me, is named Eric. He's kind of boring but I think my sister would take a run at him. She's past the bad boy stage and now she just wants to meet a nice guy who will take care of her and whatever else. Eric stands like he was in the military for a little too long and he liked it a little too much. 

Boss two is Quinn. He's the one I'm going to get drunk enough to tell me what kind of a business this is. He's the talker. He's the kind of guy that wouldn't call my sister afterwards. Actually I think he would be surprised if she was there the next morning. 

I'm telling you their names because apparently there's a boss three. Eric told me to put the suit on and I told him I felt like the prettiest girl at the ball. It's not like they're going to fire me second day. So I put the suit on and he says there would be a guy coming in and I was to follow his every command. That I would be his secretary. They even gave me a plant for my desk. 

I thought that was all fine and good until the guy showed up. He's my age and he looks like he's wearing his dad's suit. I suppose that's a good outfit for him because the woman who came in with him could only have been his mom. 

I was real professional. His name was Chris but he preferred I call him Mr. Snowy. He said we were a law firm and there's no way they didn't see the change in my face from "kiss this guy's ass" to "oh good to know."

He was just coming by the office to check on things before their lunch date. I don't know how many lawyers go on lunch dates with their mothers and own law firms (another surprise to me) but I'm guessing the middle of that Venn diagram is very thin. 

He was kind of a shit to me but I was happy to see that he was a real shit to Quinn. He's one of our brightest young talents with only a few flaws. I followed Chris and mrs Chris around for the very informative tour. It turns out before Quinn got here he solved a very high profile case that got his cousin out of a murder charge. Something to do with tires. Also Quinn may or may not have a drug problem. 

Eric wasn't here, I assume because he'd taken enough shit in his life. Thank god they didn't come back after lunch. The rest of the day me and Quinn played hacky sack by my desk and dared people to come in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment