Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 5

I was shaking when I got into work today. I'm pretty sure these guys just did something real bad. For the mayor. I mean this is a shithole of a town but a mayor is a mayor right? They had guns. I think I'm going to go get my bus ticket at lunch today. 

"Hey. On time today."

I couldn't even look at him. Was that blood on his shoe? Or was I imagining things?
"Umm... Yes sir..."

"Sir? Hey look. We think you're doing a heck of a job here, considering the circumstances. And we would like to bump your salary."

He slid a piece of paper toward me like he'd seen it in a movie. I didn't know I was salary. I would've taken longer lunches. Jesus P. Christ that was a big number. 

"Umm. Thanks."

"Just a token of our appreciation."

For the rest of the day I was adding up paychecks and buying things in my head. I could get a house. A car. Hell, I could get a couple of cars. 

After work I went to the bar next to the bus station. The girl that sold me my ticket wasn't there. 

I decided to celebrate my Friday by drinking what I figured to be 1/100th of a pay check. I stumbled home, threw up and passed out in my bed. Luckily, in that order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment